Saturday 6 August 2011

Martin Rowson

Martin Rowson is a British cartoonist and novelist who I discovered today, after paying more attention to The Guardian's cartoon section. He has been spot on, illustrating the latest events on world economy and politics. One of my favourites is his take "on the US debt ceiling negotiations", but I advise anyone to just check all the cartoons and have a laugh at the ridicule - The Guardian comment cartoon - or just subscribe to the webfeed. As another good example, the picture to left is his cartoon on the US debt deal and links to the original web page at guardian.co.ok.
According to Wikipedia his works are also published in The Independent, the Daily Mirror and Morning Star and he is also a novelist - I'm actually considering looking for his book The Dog Allusion: Gods, Pets and How to Be Human although I am almost sure I'll disagree that keeping pets is a waste of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment