Monday 26 July 2010

arcipello @ deviantART

I have been absent from deviantART for a long time now, apart from checking my messages and some rare random browsing but once in a while I still feel my jaw drop to what I find there. As I was going through the works of some of the artists I follow I ended up on arcipello's gallery and remembered how I first felt when I discovered the digital painter a few years ago. He certainly is one of those few really amazing artists you can find at deviantART and his work still leaves me astounded and considering if I should order some of his prints. His gallery there is definitely worth a few (more likely a lot) of any art lover's minutes. Besides having mastered the use of colour 
and lighting, he has his own personal style making his paintings recognizable sometimes just by looking at a thumbnail.
According to his website - Art of Conway - he is 27 year-old, lives in the UK and is currently freelancing, though he has worked with some major companies as Capcom, Square Enix, Disney London and many more.
As a small sample of his art I brought here (in order of appearance) Scarlet Wind, part of a series which first made me explore his gallery, Softly sleeping, one of the best digital paintings I've ever seen, and also Paint splash
detail of yet another awe-inspiring work, Colours in the Dark, at the moment displayed at his website's starting page.
If you are an art lover, specially if you like digital painting, and you don't know arcipello aka Daniel Conway, follow any of the links here and treat yourself. If you don't know deviantART at all, you have no idea what you've been missing, it is certainly one of the best places to find art on web, from traditional or digital drawing or painting to photography, photo-manipulation and even prose and poetry, and not always as deviant as the name seems to imply. As a warning, I'd tell you to be prepared to sail through tides of lousy works, scraps and true tsunamis of fan-art while looking for the pieces that will eventually get you addicted to it, at least for a while.

1 comment:

  1. I know him from back in my ancient days on dA. :) I find his rendering of light totally amazing. Jaw-dropping.

    ReplyDelete